Synthetic Turf Product Details
Proudly installing only U.S. manufactured goods
ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS
Through years of research and development, synthetic grass has become the high quality material we know today for most landscape installations. Arizona Luxury Lawns of Tucson offers a 10-15-year manufacturer and a 10-year installation warranty to customers for our synthetic grass and artificial lawns.
More than that, every product Arizona Luxury Lawns of Tucson uses for your residential or commercial space is American-made and hand-picked for its excellence and superiority in the market. Read below to find out more information about our products.
WHAT'S IN SYNTHETIC GRASS?
The actual green blade of synthetic grass is comprised of a polyethylene material, a common form of plastic that can be found in items such as bottles and plastic bags. The polyethylene comes in a solid pellet form and is heated down along with any color tones and UV resistant additives.
The thatch layer of synthetic grass is made from a polypropylene, polyethylene, or nylon material. The thatch layer provides the turf with an added layer of support and blade recovery. Synthetic grass blades are inserted into the backing in rows through a tufting machine, which is basically a huge sewing machine with hundreds of needles. This machine gives the grass blades and thatch a more secure hold which also increases the turf's life and durability.
WHAT COLOR SHOULD I USE?
The grass is not always greener... it can be pink, blue, black, tan or brown! Whether you want to choose commercial AstroTurf or a residential artificial lawn, the color process is all the same.
A turf's color tone is often incorporated in pellet form with the polyethylene base pellets. The two are melted together and then extruded into faux grass. Many sports teams have utilized color synthetic grass in the past for logos and fields. However, more and more people get creative with incorporating color turf into certain landscapes, playgrounds, and poolside scenes. A touch of color can add a vibrant touch to any application or product.
DOES BLADE SHAPE MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Synthetic grass can be created with many colors, heights, and even shapes. Each serves a different purpose and creates a different effect for your artificial lawn.
• Oval-shaped fibers: these fibers feel soft to the touch while still maintaining durability.
• Diamond de-lustered shape: maintains a soft but sturdier feel. It works ideally as a landscape grass for commercial and residential areas.
• Vista blade: shaped like the letter 'V', this allows for the turf, as a whole, to be more durable.
• 'W' fiber: can withstand large amounts of pressure. This blade offers multiple support points which allows for a better “memory" effect.
• Flattened Oval with Spine: gives turf a realistic appearance and creates a stronger blade core.
• Omega blade: found most often in pet turfs as well as shorter pile heights. We offer exclusive Zeofill pet infill systems for customers concerned about pet odors when installing artificial turf.
• Mini C-shaped blade: gives the turf a natural look and helps the grass feel soft to the touch.
• Mini "W" blade shape: used widely for areas with high foot traffic, the Mini W blade is ideal for any playgrounds, sports fields, or landscapes.
• "M" shaped blade: used primarily for areas that experience high amounts of foot traffic.